Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I've been biking, really!

I know I've taken a small hiatus here, but to calm everyone's fears I have been diligent on the bike. I don't think I've used the van for getting to work for over a month now. I've started to get over the sore legs (and behind) to really enjoy the ride.

That said, I'm still quite slow - I average about 10 mph. That's about my cardiovascular limit for now. Slowly I'm increasing my distance, hoping that the required endurance will help with my overall ability (including speed). Just to be clear, my weight and general fitness haven't changed much, but I think a gradual improvement is more natural anyway. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Lastly, I'm linking to a video. Consider this my public service announcement.

1 comment:

  1. nothing to share more than this that Upon sitting up 15 bikers peel off my wheel and wizzed by me. I wonder if people just don't understand what 4 bike lengths really mean
    Tires Miami

    ReplyDelete