Friday, January 16, 2009

Lock(e) and Load


There's a couple things on my mind today. First, I'm a horrible person because I still haven't gotten on the bike this year. Unforgivable, I know. But I have a reasonable excuse - I don't have a bike lock! I did have one, but can't find it. So, being the Internet-savvy person that I am I start looking up reviews on bike locks and YouTube videos of them getting circumvented. I am so glad I lost my old one! The dinky cable-based thing I had with the circular key (probably not bic-safe) would have ended in disaster. So today I'm heading to the bike shop for a nice, heavy, secure U-lock. Not that my bike is anything great, but it would be a disaster to try to replace it. Or to get stuck somewhere without a set of wheels! I need to avoid bad days like that.

The other thing I'm thinking about is Lost. Oh MAN, it's less than a week away! I had been ignoring this show for a long time. My wife started watching it on the ABC website (free!). We ended up buying all the seasons on DVD (Blu-Ray was too expensive) and just finished watching the re-cap from Wednesday. I cannot wait to see what happened to....well....everything! If you're unfamiliar with the show, it's about a group of survivors of a plane crash on an isolated Pacific island. Well, at least that's how it starts. Then it's about the Others, the established inhabitants of the island. Then it's about the mysterious artifacts of the island. Then it's about the Dharma Initiative. Then it's about... OK, it gets crazy, no doubt. But it's awesome, and you have until Wednesday evening to catch up on 4 seasons' worth of J. J. Abrams goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment